28.9.09

Gatlinburg (thistle dew)

Well, we made it back from our very quick trip to Gatlinburg and Marietta. Exhausted. The boys played at a camp in Gatlinburg on Friday and Saturday night. This left a lot of time to play. We were actually staying in two cabins named "Thistle Dew." Adorable, right? These suckers were tiny. (I am a really bad blogger these days, as I keep forgetting my camera) Enough room on the first floor for a queen sized bed, bathroom, tiny kitchen and a table. Then there was a ladder to the loft upstairs where thin green mattresses sat on the floor. Not our finest accommodations to date, but we were only there for one night. Saturday, we went into Gatlinburg to Ripley's Believe It or Not. Quite informative and fun! Did I mention it was pouring down rain, with only one umbrella for 8 people? That part I could have lived without. Nonetheless, we all got caramel apples and headed back to Pigeon Forge to go shopping. We were all so wet and tired, we didn't end up buying anything.

After they played Saturday night, we headed back to Marietta.
Taylor and I slept until noon, while everyone else was playing/singing at Riverstone Church. We ate at The New Yorker, then the ladies went out for a little shopping. I was going to show you all the plaid tunic I bought at Charlotte Russe, but I can't find it online. It was my first plaid purchase and I'm quite excited about it.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I know they make the posts more interesting. So, I'll leave you with this one.



This adorable lady is Jordan. Her and Joshua (known as Shua) are getting married this weekend. I am beyond thrilled to be in their wedding, and I can't wait to show you all how it turns out. (oh, and we will be in Marietta, again.)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment