5.2.10

Nursery Progress

Well, the process is going very slowly for us, as we can't seem to agree on much. Seems weird being that we have only once (ok, maybe twice) disagreed on how we want a room to look. (If I were to be honest, I'd have to say that when we thought we were having a girl, I had the nursery planned in a day... now that we're having a boy, he wants to be more involved -which I love- but it is hard to give up the reins, right?)

We have decided on three things for sure.

We are going to paint thick stripes on the wall in grey and white. Probably a lighter grey, but that's not certain for now. Much like this room.




Second we want a white, modern crib. Much like this one. Although, we haven't decided on all white, white/espresso or white/natural.



This dresser I recently painted, will be painted white and the handles/knobs changed out. It will serve as baby Everett's dresser and changing table.



The other main color we want for the room is still being decided on. My first idea of navy blue was nixed. My second idea of orange is being mulled over. I ordered samples of FLOR tiles today to see if my sweet husband will like any of these options. I am smitten with all three colors and really hope the samples will seal the deal. I think a bold punch of color is necessary for every room, and love the idea of having a large "rug" in orange to break up all the white furniture.

First, the color "Tabby Cat"




Second, the color "Blingy Bronze"



Third, the color "Gourd" I wanted to throw in a burnt orange, just in case. Although, I know he'll like the brighter oranges.



So, there you have it. Our (small) progress.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea of horizontal stripes, and the first rug is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the ideas!

    warning: the first FLOR carpet tiles photos you show...those are really rough. We called them pig hair at my first firm. They would be scratchy on a baby's legs. You may already know that, but just wanted to make sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, congrats! How exciting a baby boy! I love all your ideas, can't wait to see how it comes together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stripes for the wall! So fun!! We've decided on orange for our nursery too! And if I'm honest - I had a much easier time planning the nursery when I thought I was having a girl too! But now that we've decided on colors and have started decorating, it's so fun that my hubby is involved! Have fun with it!! :)

    ReplyDelete